•The End of Yourself•

Psalms 73:26 
My flesh and my heart faileth: but God is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever. My flesh is corrupted my heart is hard; these two important things will fail me. The heart a channel to the soul and flesh the largest organ, will fail us. We will sin because we aren’t perfect. Although we were made in the image of God our flesh and the deceiver made it impossible for us to rely on these things. My heart is impure and if we rely on our own understanding then we will fail. Our hearts are wicked, from Cain killing Able to our decision to free Barabbas; we are wicked and we needed a savior.  When heart and flesh fail, when the powers of the mind and body fail; the love of God will survive and we can find happiness and joy in him. Only God can be our strength and hope; he is my refuge and strength and when I feel I can no longer breathe his divine breath of life enters into me. This verse comes to mind, Genesis 6:5 And God saw that the wickedness of man was great in the earth, and that every imagination of the thoughts of his heart was only evil continually. We are evil in the flesh and our heart echos the same. 

 Dying to self, dying to the flesh; the end of yourself is the beginning of him.

Comments

Popular Posts