•He hears my prayers•


Proverbs 15:29 
[29] The Lord is far from the wicked: but he heareth the prayer of the righteous.
These past couple of weeks have been difficult and I’ve felt the need to cling to the lords promises weekly; Promises to fight back the lies in my head. The lies of not being righteous enough the lies of how God doesn’t incline his ear to me. This instantly reminds me of the cross and how our sins as believers are washed away with the blood of Christ. Those who are in need of a savior and forgiveness can come boldly before the thrown of grace and ask for forgiveness and accept Christ as their savior. Because of the sacrifice of the perfect lamb we are righteous and our sins are forgiven. Jesus Christ bore my sins and because of him I am made righteous. I’ve felt that being in ministry it’s easy to get distracted with the lies in my head, the lies of the destroyer, but Jesus says I am worth it, I am righteous, what I do in his name matters. I am worth more than the statistics of this world and I am made with a perfect purpose. I think of Mary Magdalene, she traveled with Jesus as one of his followers and was a witness to his crucifixion, burial, and resurrection. Before it all Mary had seven demons driven out of her, and she was a prostitute but a chosen follower of Jesus Christ. I could only imagine what she felt, the defeat of feeling less and unworthy to follow Jesus. Mary never gave up and followed him until the end, standing next to Mary the mother of Jesus during the crucification, she remained faithful. For this I am truly inspired, God has given me his word to feel security, peace and love. I no longer have to doubt my worth and I know that with the cross I am made new, I am no longer the old person. I am made righteous because of Jesus Christ of Nazareth. This is his promise to all of us as believers that he hears the prayers of the righteous, we are made righteous because of the cross and we are forgiven; we are new in Christ. The perfect promise.

Comments

Popular Posts