•Everlasting Love•

Jeremiah 31:3 KJV
[3] The Lord hath appeared of old unto me, saying , Yea, I have loved thee with an everlasting love: therefore with lovingkindness have I drawn thee.

 When we are brought to a low point in our lives and when difficulties surface this is a good reminder, that even in the former church these difficulties surfaced. Those who God loves with Everlasting love , lasting forever never coming to an end, he will draw us closer to him by the influence of his spirit. Gods Lovingkindness, meaning tenderness and consideration towards others; once we truly understand what this means we will be satisfied with it and it will be our comforter. I am a sinner tangled in brokenness and for me to hear these promises it’s comforting knowing that God will rescue me and his love for me is an everlasting love; I am pursued. Before Christ there was the law and Christ came to finish the law, with the Holy Spirit imprinted on our hearts we have the law. We no longer have to make sacrifices, we no longer have to be stoned we have the blood of Christ that sets us free. Because of God’s everlasting love he sent his only son to be a sacrifice, the perfect lamb of God. He loved us that much, so when we do turn our backs and look to the flesh we are to fall on our knees in genuine repentance and to never go that way again, to stay on the high road. It is hard to not fall into temptation but we have the conviction of the Holy Spirit, when we hear that soft voice we can cling to it knowing we are saved by grace and this is God’s will for our lives. To be fully submitted to the Holy Spirit, to draw closer to God and to remain in brokenness thirsting for the living water and living in the blood. When I find myself struggling and wanting to give in to my flesh I will remember that God loves me with an everlasting love, I am pursued and he is the only thing that I need to satisfy me; He is my safe place my rock and my fortress. 

Comments

Popular Posts