•Righteous Desires•

Psalm 37:1-4 KJV
[1] Fret not thyself because of evildoers, neither be thou envious against the workers of iniquity. [2] For they shall soon be cut down like the grass, and wither as the green herb. [3] Trust in the Lord , and do good; so shalt thou dwell in the land, and verily thou shalt be fed. [4] Delight thyself also in the Lord ; and he shall give thee the desires of thine heart.
Ive found myself dwelling on the future these past months and what the lord will have come out of this time; what he wants for my life. I’m instantly stuck in scenarios and forgetting the importance of my life. My life isn’t to be lived for me but for the glory of God, to go wherever he will guide me. I’ve found myself looking at the people around me and instantly becoming envious of their lives, whether it’s marriage or travels; I become envious of these things. Gods will for my life is not of my own understanding and envy is a sin; I feel as though I’ve laid down my life for him and yet I don’t see the fruit from it. These lies cause me to dwell but then God brings forth his truth. He plans to prosper me not to harm me; I was made with a purpose, and he knows me by name. If we follow the lord and pick up our cross for him, lose our life for him, he has promised to give us the desires of our heart. I am to trust in the lord, to have faith and do good; not to be jealous and envious of those who don’t follow him but look to prosper. The perfect promise is to have eternal life and I have that dwelling in me; I have the Holy Spirit in me. I’ve realized that this will be a constantly struggle but I am to be content with the lord and not the things of this world. God has his perfect will for my life. Proverbs 16:8

Better is a little with righteousness than great revenues without right. Righteousness is a much higher priority and pleasing God is more important. 

Comments

Popular Posts