•Love•

2 John 1:5-6 KJV
[5] And now I beseech thee, lady, not as though I wrote a new commandment unto thee, but that which we had from the beginning, that we love one another. [6] And this is love, that we walk after his commandments. This is the commandment, That, as ye have heard from the beginning, ye should walk in it.
  
This is the main purpose of our life, to love; all of the fruits of the spirit stem from love and from the beginning God has been cleaning out my heart so that I can love. John 3:16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. He loved us that much, we can’t give up sin for him and some of us won’t pick up our cross for him and yet he first loved us. We are given an example at the cross of Calvary of true love, we are nothing more but snakes and we cringe at the thought of being a worm. Jesus became that worm for us, and it is his commandment that we love one another, love those who have hurt us, neglected us and betrayed us. Thats the ultimate act of humility and dying to self. We should walk in love, at times when I feel like I’ve been hurt by ones actions I tremble at the thought of loving them. I so easily turn hypocritical, the grace that God has showed me and is still showing me I can pour that out on others in forgiveness and love. 

Trials reveal what’s bitter in your heart, circumstances don’t make us bitter it’s what’s going on in my heart. The issue may be bitter but we can apply the cross to all circumstances in life. I still have pride that I’m clinging to and I fall short everyday but it’s his love for me that turns me to him. 

Comments

Popular Posts